Clinical Microbiomics is a rapidly growing company at the forefront of human microbiome research, and we are looking for new colleagues to join our science team.
Your primary role will be to work as the lead scientist on client microbiome studies. As part of our Science Operations team, you will be responsible for conducting client studies including bioinformatics data analysis, statistical analysis, and reporting the results to the client. We pride ourselves in offering our clients computational analyses tailored to their scientific questions, and therefore you may also need to implement new computational or statistical methods to properly address a study’s scientific questions. Your work is supported by our in-house R-based analysis pipeline and an engaged team of experienced colleagues.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile and qualifications:
- A relevant MSc degree, such as bioinformatics, life science, or similar
- 2+ years experience working in R and unix (from industry or academic work)
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Experience working with tidyverse, ggplot2, Python, Git, or high-performance computing environments
- Experience in microbiome research, metagenomics, microbiological ecology, or metabolomics
- You are engaged, self-driven, and curious
- You work in a structured manner with scientific integrity at its core
- You enjoy being part of a strong team where individual contributors support each other to meet team goals
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than November 1.
We will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, so you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Starting date: as soon as possible.
At Clinical Microbiomics, we help companies and researchers to better understand the role of the microbiome in human health and disease. Through our microbiome research services based at Symbion in Copenhagen, we support clients in academia, biotech, health care, nutrition, and pharma globally.
We are an international and energetic team of 40+ people and offer a challenging and rewarding position in a fast-paced, team-oriented, non-bureaucratic start-up/scale-up environment. We offer flexible working hours and generous parental leave policies.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Clinical Microbiomics, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and fun workplace of colleagues driven by curiosity and with high integrity and empathy. If you are excited about this role but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway, irrespective of for example age, gender, race, disability, religion, or ethnic background. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.