Clinical Microbiomics is seeking a Sales and Business Development Manager with a flair for building professional relationships and collaborations in the interface between research and business. The candidate will join our fast-growing team with specific focus on establishing new and maintaining current commercial relationships with our clients in one of the fastest growing research areas globally – the human microbiome.
Your main responsibility will be establishing professional connections and relationships, from ‘leads’ to long-term business relations, while maintaining and developing the current client base.
Key tasks include:
- Sales and commercial activities, including scoping of research proposals together with our science team, setting up quotes and negotiating/closing contracts.
- Business development activities, including identification of new potential clients and maintaining existing clients by offering a best-in-class service.
- Building new research partnerships and collaborations across the EU and US.
- Coordinating and participating in teleconferences, face-to-face client meetings and international microbiome conferences.
- Developing and implementing sales and business development strategies together with the team.
- MSc and preferably also a PhD within life sciences, and preferably some knowledge within microbiome research
- Preferably 3+ years of experience within a similar role from a biotech/CRO organization.
- Strong track record in learning new technologies and building solid client relationships.
- Great ‘people skills’.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- You work systematically, have demonstrated success in communicating/selling life science services, and have a good sense for details.
- You adapt easily to changes in an entrepreneurial environment.
What we offer:
- An exciting position in the interface between research and business.
- A competitive salary and benefits package, and a rewarding career opportunity in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment within a research field of rapidly increasing global interest.
- A position in a dynamic and skilled team with plenty of opportunities to develop yourself and shape the company.
Please submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible to our Director of Sales and Business Development, Klaus Gamst Hansen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: April 18, 2021. Start date: As soon as possible.
Be aware that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis until a candidate has been employed.
About Clinical Microbiomics
Clinical Microbiomics provides advanced microbiome analysis services for clients in both industry and academia. Our key focus is analyzing microbiome data from clinical studies through innovative bioinformatics and machine-learning technologies. We support microbiome research activities from clients across pharma, biotech, skin care, multinational nutrition and consumer goods companies, and academic institutions.
Our services range from exploratory microbiome projects with highly customized data analyses, to GCP-compliant microbiome analysis pipelines for phase III clinical trials. We are also engaged in longer-term discovery partnerships, where we utilize our microbiome platform for discovery of therapeutic or biomarker leads from human microbiome data.
We offer an exciting position in an international and dynamic environment, with the opportunity to influence your own role and develop within the company. You will be the primary contact person for some of our clients and work closely with our scientific team for ensuring that our microbiome analysis services meet the needs and requirements for each study.
Our team is currently around 30 people and our offices are located in central Copenhagen, Denmark.
Entry level, Experienced
Sales & BD