Clinical Microbiomics is looking for a full-time laboratory technician or biomedical laboratory scientist to join our microbiome lab. We are looking for a pro-active and well organized colleague who has a high degree of responsibility. Starting date as soon as possible.
As a laboratory technician or biomedical laboratory scientist at Clinical Microbiomics you will be working in close collaboration with 2-3 lab colleagues in our newly designed laboratories at Symbion in Copenhagen. The main objective of our laboratory is to generate high-quality DNA from various sample types for next-generation sequencing and qPCR. The sample throughput in our laboratory is high, and routine tasks will be part of your daily work. Furthermore, you will be involved in optimizing and developing new protocols and maintaining and improving our QA system.
You get the opportunity to work with a number of different techniques, for example:
- DNA extraction from various sample types
- Gel electrophoresis
- DNA quantification
- Library preparation for targeted sequencing
- Amplicon sequencing on an Illumina MiSeq platform
Required education/skills and personal qualifications:
- An education as laboratory technician (laborant) or biomedical laboratory scientist (bioanalytiker) or a MSc degree with documented experience working within these fields
- Pro-active and great collaborative skills
- 3-years of experience with laboratory work
- Experience within quality assurance systems
- Excellent skills in documentation of laboratory work
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- High ability to concentrate consistently on repetitive tasks
Additional skills of interest
- Experience within the microbiome field (i.e., RNA/DNA library preparation and sequencing)
- Experience with liquid handling robots
- Experience with establishing a sample managing system
For further questions about the job description and qualifications, please contact Pia Friis (email@example.com).
Application deadline is 18 March 2021 at 23:59 CET.
About Clinical Microbiomics
Clinical Microbiomics is a young biotechnology company, founded in 2015, with approximately 25 employees. We are a leading provider of microbiome analyses services for clinical studies from academic institutions and private companies around the world. The microbiome - particularly of the intestine and on the skin - has been shown to be involved in a number of diseases and health aspects, which is why the area is experiencing great interest from pharmaceutical, nutrition, and biotech companies. We develop advanced bioinformatics methods for examining the microbiome and process all sample types in our ISO-17025 certified laboratories. Our laboratories have both routine and development tasks, such as establishing and optimizing extraction methods of new sample types. More information at: www.clinical-microbiomics.com/.
Entry level, Experienced